View Single Post

Thread: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

1. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

Played some more games. Quarian Engineer and Batarian Sentinel this time.

With the Quarian, I can tell the change to Cryo Bursts, but less so than with fire ones, since only freezing causes them, not chilling, meaning they don't work on protected enemies. So that's less of a change to that class than to other Engineers. Makes Cryo Blast + Incinerate now an instant-kill on all mook enemy types though, since now I get the burst damage on top of the doubled Incinerate.

Batarian, not much to say. I recall there being some tweaks to Submission Net a while back but after I had last stopped playing, but I can't recall what they were. It does seem to do more damage I think though, so that's nice.

I've now seen the new units for the Geth and Cerberus. Eh. They're annoying, and not much more. They go down fast, and don't seem to be much of an issue - unless you get swarmed by Dragoons while in a bad defensive position, but that's a problem no matter what you're getting swarmed by. Though weirdly, the Dragoons did seem especially resistant to my Particle Rifle when playing my Batarian. Don't understand that, as they dropped pretty fast to everything else, and the Particle Rifle has never seemed weak against armor before.

Odd that the Dragoons have only armor and not health, actually. They seem to be human, and only machines and select Reaper troops have had that before.

Oh, hazard maps can die in a fire, though. Seriously, rain that drains your shields? Irritating as all hell. I want to fight the enemies, not the terrain.

Also, picked up a few Premium packs, and decided to start using the delete DLC/redownload thing, because screw the booster system. I actually went for the first DLC, Resurgance, because I tallied up what I had from each, and found I'm fairly near having every rare from that one. Only missing one class (which I want - Geth Engineer), seven appearance options (which I don't care about, but is a far lower number than it is for the other DLCs), and 11 ranks in the weapons. I only got one rare from it in the packs though, a rank for my Geth Plasma SMG (bringing that to 6). Got some ranks in several of the core rare weapons though, including the Carnifex, which I can't wait to have at a point where my casters can use it.

I think I'll do that until I have the Geth Engineer at least, and perhaps until I max my Geth Plasma SMG and Striker Assault Rifle. Might even try deleting all the DLC packs to work on core weapons like my Carnifex afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    It's bubble completely negates powers - damage and effects, meaning grenades detonate and do no harm.
    Ah, so that's what that does. I was wondering whether it had a practical effect, or was just a visual thing that kicked in when it flew. Quite annoying to hear though, speaking as a caster player.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    their lasers are rapid fire and go through cover across the entire map.
    Uh, no. I'm certain they don't go through cover. I've sat in cover while being shot at by them and been perfectly fine on a number of occasions, and that even though I've only faced the Collectors twice.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS
    I was able to get explosions using energy drain and snap freeze on cannibals. Incinerate and energy drain I didn't try, but energy drain and incinerate works.
    Energy Drain and Incinerate has always worked - that's a tech burst, not a fire one. Though the timing has always seemed tight to self-tech-burst, as the electric residue from Energy Drain and Overload don't last long.

Snap Freeze -> Energy Drain works on Cannibals? Surprising, since I know Incinerate -> Energy Drain doesn't work on them, as that's what I was testing it on.

Actually, no. They track slightly an have a hit box wider than their visible beams. If they lock on to you directly, you can dodge sideways and still be hit if you're within 25 meters. Only the Legionaires and vorcha dodge wide enough.
    I've dodged them as a Salarian and a Quarian with no problems.

An abomination has almost no visible sign I exploding. A possessed abomination will always explode on death and is highly visible.
    Ah, that explains that - the only explosions I've seen are the possessed ones, then. Very weird that they wouldn't give a visible effect for the regular ones, though. They certainly had one in ME2.

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2012-10-20 at 10:14 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis