View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Lord of Lost Heart (II)

1. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Lord of Lost Heart (II)

Lothar

Spoiler
    Show
    The stone plinked off the far wall of the gully. Raising its head with a snort, the boar turned its massive head in the direction of the sound - then gave an enraged squeal as Lothar jumped to his feet, taking to his heels in the opposite direction.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lothar's ploy with the stone buys him a Surprise Round, in which he Stands and takes a half move away. Since the boar is surprised, it doesn't get to try to gore him as he moves out of contact.

Initiative:

Lothar - (1d10+41)[44]
    Tuskgor - (1d10+32)[40]

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

The dark area shows the gully floor; the grey lines show the gully walls. The breaks in the walls show where it's possible to move freely out of the gully (slopes). The grey boulders show where the gully wall is impassable; lines without boulders can be climbed with a Scale Sheer Surface check (no modifiers). This can be done as part of a full move: it costs you four squares off the distance you move, and you stop dead if you fail the test. Obviously the boar cannot climb the gully walls.

There are two types of trees shown: stunted trees (those whose trunk takes up only one square), and mature trees (those whose trunk sits across four squares). Mature trees can be climbed: as part of any move other than a Charge or Run, on making contact with the base of the tree you make a Strength check. Passing the test lets you climb two yards (one "square"); each further degree of success lets you climb another two yards. This test can be repeated in subsequent turns to climb higher. Once you have climbed a distance > 2 yards, you are out of the boar's reach.

Stunted trees are too slim to bear Lothar's weight at any height the boar could not reach, but all trees have impassable trunks. As a rules reminder you may or may not need: to make a Charge Attack, the last two squares of the boar's movement must be in a straight line.

The map is quite small, because I am lazy. If you want to move off the edge, feel free: I'll just extend it.
    Last edited by LCP; 2012-10-21 at 02:59 AM.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X