View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Lord of Lost Heart (II)

1. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Lord of Lost Heart (II)

Something eating at her... Like how she let your betrothed be poisoned without speaking up.

No good would come from revealing the truth. Still, a mean-spirited part of Pieter hoped that Esther would be devoured by remorse until the day she died.

After a long, thoughtful silence, he spoke. "There were... rumors that painted you as shallow and selfish when it came to... you and Esther. It was part of why I didn't like you. But I can see you care more about her than some think. You should be there for her when she needs it. I can tell Mr Faulebrand resents her for what happened to his daughter, even though she had no part in it, and he may not be the only one. The gods know Esther's had enough loneliness already..."

The initiate was not sure what he was trying to accomplish here. Reluctantly, he realized that he wanted Ricard to be happy, even if it meant giving Esther a friendship she no longer deserved. The young man had lost a lot to the doctor's machinations; more than even he himself knew. How could Pieter dislike him now?
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-10-21 at 11:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.