1. - Top - End - #1264
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: LGBTAitp 27: Of Shoes, and Ships, and Sealing Wax

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    I don't really like the notion of "fully male / fully female" bodies because just creates a whole bunch of harmful divisions imo; but yeah, there's a lot of variables to consider.
    There's a fair bit that could be argued such that what you're railing against is more due to people's pigheadedness than the idea of male and female without intersex qualities or conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    /smack
    Hey, that's my line.

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    It's the best I could come up with on the spur of the moment but no, it is equally capable of transitioning women to men.
    I know that. I'm just pointing out that it's a ready problem for any stories. Just what happened to those executives and how did it get stuck with that name?

Lousy rushed mornings making me forget my blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Hey guys!
    Very minor personal problem here, but I'd appreciate your input.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Remember the community I mentioned in my least interesting rants? The one that started out completely SJ-unrelated but that has been since overrun by aggressive SJ people? Well, I'm finally leaving it! Good news for you, no more whining from me! (Yes, it's that comm where one can claim demisexuals are heterosexuals trying to look special and NOT fear any reprimand from mods, and you must be THAT oppressed to give your opinion. I'm pretty sure they don't like allies either.)
    Someone mentioned in a post what kind of language wasn't tolerated (aka ableism, racism, religious, gender-based or sexuality-based slurs; no more precision than brief mention of misogyny) in response to a complaint. I myself raised an objection that I thought was formulated in such a way I thought nobody could deduce I was racist/misogynist/etc. Well, I received answers that oscillate between nasty snark and mistrustful side-eyeing, and that was the last straw.
    Still, I need to know if I did say something bad without noticing it. You know better than I do if I'm implying offensive stuff without meaning it. I would greatly appreciate your advice.
    Here is my post in question:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Now, I have an objection to make:
    the rules do not state that slurs directed toward certain populations are accepted. I've certainly seen misandrist and anti-white slurs being thrown about with no bad repercussion for those who typed them, often with the defense that there is no such thing as misandry or anti-white racism.
    I think that should be clarified that gender-based slurs are okay if they are against cismen, and racial slurs okay if they are against whites. The way things are formulated right now, it sounds like you can't insult someone at all for having a gender or a race they had never chosen to have and can't change."

And some of the answers I got, paraphrased:
    Spoiler
    Show
    - Are you for real? You're hilarious!
    - Oh you're right, that should soo be fixed... just kidding, there's no such thing as anti-white racism. I can't believe there are people who would seriously be thinking that.
    - [words that are censored by this forum's filter] aren't slurs, just language I wouldn't use everywhere.
    - And what would be those mythical "misandrist slurs" you're speaking of?

Some people have their heads shoved up their own behinds. Some people are trolls. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference and then you find out they're one and the same.

It's not because of some flaw unique to homophobes that they're hateful cusses, no, that flaw is common to all humans, even those who pay lip-service to enlightened ideals.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-21 at 02:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide