1. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ponythread LV:55 Ponythread learns Agility!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    If you are getting that low on available names for former Thanqol's, perhaps you should consider drafting OC's?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pre-approved for recruitment;
    The Ponithid
    Bleakmane*
    Robo Ponithid

*As a Space Vampire, Bleakmane can be re-recruited after her horrific but potentially honourable death.
    Sure, I'll use some of those. There are plenty of other ponythreaders. I haven't used Deadly, Lix, or Bleakbane yet (Bleakbane I'm waiting for a British soldier), not to mention Alabenson, Eakin, t209, Tvtyrant...I'm going to stop since all I'm doing at this point is scrolling back through this page. But as I said, since I'm killing people off, I'm not comfortable using a name without permission.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I know, I know ... and I like to think my story is actually very hopeful, despite the darkness. Yes, things look bleak, but the characters aren't giving up and I certainly hope the readers don't feel like it's definitely going to end only in tears and despair. Somehow there might be a happy ending, or at least a bittersweet ending, that's what I want readers to think.

I suppose the description could be read very bleakly, like there's no hope at all, ever, but I'd never write a (serious) story where there's no hope at all, ever.
    What about a description that asks a "how" question? Again, I haven't read your story, but something like "When Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle are forced to convince their friends to give up their friendship, how will they find a way to conquer [insert problem]?"

When you ask the question "how are they going to overcome the problem?" you've pretty much guaranteed to the reader that they will overcome it.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-10-21 at 03:20 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)