There were a few things that happened in the early to mid 90's. the Gulf War, the OJ Simpson trial, Oklahoma bombing (I remember the front pages), Sydney Olympics being announced, Y2K paranoia (though that was more late). Michael Jackson was still the coolest guy ever, Jurassic Park came out, The Simpsons was well into their stride and we wore bright colours and hyper coloured t-shirts and went to arcades.

I was born in '84 and I consider myself Gen Y. Why? I still remember what it was like before the Internet or even the GUI (computers we had when I first started school we had to manually load program's through the 5 1/4 disks. Internet when having a mobile phone (an enourmous brick) meant you were either a businessman or a tradie.

And back then, video games WERE for kids. Thing is, that generation are or have grown up and are having kids, and they're still playing games. I think we've slowly killed the whole 'games are for kids' thing.

As for sports, I don't mind them. We live near a stadium a d did go to an AFL game, but the world doesn't stop. I don't see sports dying as long as there are people who go (and there are a lot). That guy was being rather hysterical, I think.

Besides, what would we do without the coma imposed on Australian makes every summer by Channel 9?

And I cannot understand gridiron, either how it's played it the methods. So I stopped trying.