View Single Post

Thread: Greed is Good (IC)

1. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Greed is Good (IC)

Cecily smiles at the mage, with no sign that she thinks any less of him for not being able to figure out what the spell is. "That's fine. I might have to take your advice. You never know if I can find anyone." The bard holds her hand out to take the wand back. "For now I need to get back to peddling our wares before all our customers are snatched up."

Provided the wand is indeed returned, Cecily returns to her supply of hearthfire cubes. Now, how to draw attention... A short time later and Cecily is standing up on the edge of the wagon. She hums a bit to herself and four orbs of light wink into existence before her. They shoot out over the crowd to grab attention before returning to Cecily and spinning around her in twisting pattern.

She gives those that come over a brilliant smile. "Light is a beautiful thing, isn't it? What would we all do without it? It's a shame that it's hard to get anything done after sunset." Dana speaks in an almost singsong-y tone and projects her voice expertly over the hubbub of the crowd. "But I might just have a way for you to shed so light on those evening hours." She hopes down off the edge and scoops up one of the cubes. "This little cube right here will burn for an entire day through, as brightly as any candle could. All you need is a little water." She takes her water skin and pours some water over the cube in her hand. As promised it burns brightly, with a blue-green flame. After ensuring everyone present can get a good look at it, she towels it off, extinguishing the light. "And just dry it off to save it for later when your done. Now who can I interest in one of these little wonders? Just one gold each."

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's toss a Diplomacy check in there just in case Destro thinks it'd be relevant.
    (1d20+6)[22]
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-10-21 at 08:33 PM.