View Single Post

Thread: Something Wicked this way Comes...

1. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

"Aye, I know you woudn't, an' I know 'e would, an' I know you'd follow 'im if'n ye couldn'a talk 'im down from it. So that's why I'm sayin', Ha! But I'll get to the bottom of this rumor, and send word to you as soon as I do, I promise you that.

The next morning, the quarter master has the company's supplies loaded onto a train of wagons and the company is ready to move out.

The trip to Citadel is uneventful, save for the flurries of early autum snows.

Citadel is a sight sight to see... Dark and forbidding, the hulking fortress sits forlornly on the cliffs over the Ancient's Way, it's scarred and stained walls tower over the roadway as you approach, and a dense cloud of smoke hangs over the area.

Bells are ringing out across the city, and for a time, you figure there must be some celebration going on... But something isn't right... The gates are closed, and the walls unmanned but for a single watchman high in a guardtower who dissapears at the sight of your banner...

A few moments later, the gates creak open, and the watchman runs out to meet you, shouting as he goes...

"THANK THE GODS YOU'VE COME!! WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!! ARE THE REST OF YOU FAR BEHIND?!!"
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-10-23 at 02:13 PM.