1. - Top - End - #1367
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitp 27: Of Shoes, and Ships, and Sealing Wax

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Agreed. The problem there is not that someone is using this logic, it's that someone I care about came by this logic in a way that makes sense, and I would like to get this person to rethink their position without straight up insulting them or hurting their feelings. That is the crux. Getting on the same page without being mean about it.
    I hope I wasn't being mean about it. I certainly didn't mean to be, and I'm sorry if I seemed it

Astrella: eh, we all have our triggers. The status and use of sex is understandably one of yours. The use, misuse, attacks on and dismissal of science is one of mine. I think we resolved it well enough.

I actually mostly popped in here to say I just watched an episode of My Transexual Summer. Part of it was a transwoman's job interview which was horribly painful to watch, and a transman wasn't allowed to get chest surgery until he got the bottom surgery. Big big BIG hugs for all the trans people here, because mein gotte the world sucks for you
    ...I mean, I knew that already, but seeing it like that really drives it home. It just left me wanting to hug you all and give you jobs and punch the world in the face for you.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2012-10-23 at 07:09 AM.