View Single Post

Thread: Murphy's Law 8: College? What About It?

1. - Top - End - #1017
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Murphy's Law 8: College? What About It?

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    ECG-what now? Me no understand Biology speak.

Looking it up I believe it is electrocardiography, which is apparently a to get a tool used to get diagnostic information on the electrical and muscular functions of the heart.
    Does this by use of placement of, normally, 10 electrodes across your body on the surface of your skin. The information is then recorded to a machine, where a person has to interpret that information.

Could be used to see any damage to the heart and the size and location of its chambers. Could be used to see the effect of certain drugs and other substances on the heart.

I could be completely wrong, but I believe that is what it is.

edit: reading the ECG's is apparently the hard part, and is what Coffee is learning.

Also to quote from Wikipedia, which is not the best source of information, but I digress, "The cardiac cycle is a term referring to all or any of the events related to the flow or blood pressure that occurs from the beginning of one heartbeat to the beginning of the next."

That should provide enough information to give an appreciation for what Coffee is learning currently, though this explanation is all overly simplified, especially since it is not a subject that I study and so I can't go in depth.
    Last edited by TheDarkblade; 2012-10-23 at 09:14 PM. Reason: the section after I write edit: