1. - Top - End - #160
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Giovanni Chronicles

Alenka

A small smile crosses Valdemar's face.

Spoiler
    Show
    "You are a clever woman. Our perspectives influence everything. Even if they were able, I don't imagine animals would look at humans and acknowledge their superiority. Maybe mankind is not superior. It has just lulled itself into a comfortable illusion.

"Now, why do birds sing?'

Isabella

Spoiler
    Show
    Jadviga seems pleased with Isabella's ambition.

"You have big plans. If given the chance, I do believe you would shake the world to its very core. I would gladly assist you in your endeavors, but I first need to see if you have what it takes to be a leader. Come."

She leads Isabella to another room. It seems to be her own personal chambers. The room is well furnished, the wealth apparent but understated. A young female servant about Theophana's age awaits in the room, looking at her mistress apprehensively.

"Kneel on the floor." Jadviga tells her curtly. The servant does so.

"Now remove your robe."

Hands shaking, the girl undresses. Lady Jadviga moves over to a table that holds many unusual tools, from scalpels to daggers. She picks up a whip, and offers it to Isabella.

"One of the foremost responsibilities of a leader is to guide our inferiors when they stray. This servant needs to be punished. Whip them," she calmly explains. The servant looks up at Isabelle, fear evident in her eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Isabelle whips the servant, make a humanity role.

Luca

"
    Spoiler
    Show
    You think yourself equal to me, despite your position? That's rather surprising to hear. Most Lords will do anything to separate themselves from the common rabble. You are a most unusual noble, Lord Zeklos," There was a beat before Gabrin spoke again. "Excuse me, Lord Golescu."

The Roma's smile grew even wider. "I confess I've been having ajest at your expense. I know your little secret. Lothar selected all of the guests. He knew that the invitation fell into the wrong hands almost immediately. For all his other flaws, the man is a capable steward. You know, he was going to have you killed. He was going to tell the Earl, and you'd have ended up crucified like so many others who offend Claudius. But you impressed me. You seem a lot more... shall we say interesting then some dullard lord. Please don't disappoint me. I'd hate to have to tell the others."

Gabrin laughs at Luca's question. "I come to these affairs because I am invited, of course. What other agenda could one as lowly as I have? But what I'm really wondering is, why have you graced us with your presence this evening? What is it you hope to gain?" Gabrin remains casual, tossing his dagger up and down.
    Last edited by Dark Seeker; 2012-10-23 at 11:45 PM.