1. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Heh, talking in programming terms around non-programmers yields pretty much the same reaction, but rather than "this is math I don't understand", you're going to get "this is gibberish I don't understand". Especially if the discussion is in Swenglish.

But such is the life of the programmer, you have to be careful with your char stars and make sure that the variables are correctly defined, or you're going to index out of bounds, and segfaulting is never fun.

IRN:
    Speaking about programming, had my C exam today. I forgot the precedence order for ++ in method calls (pretty sure it was never brought up in the lectures to start with, actually) and I derped out on what regression tests are as well (but so did everyone else, so there's no point in feeling stupid about that), but the points I could lose on those questions are still fewer than the bonus points I brought with me to the exam, so I'm not especially worried about my grade as a whole.
    And that's exactly why (well, at least in my country) studies exist where people learn business and communcation with programmers. So the programmers can talk they way they are used to and the business people (aka moneybags) have a way of understanding it.

And a careful congratulations on passing your test
    Last edited by Socratov; 2012-10-24 at 09:04 AM.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin