Bartering

As Danvers leaves, Glaffin assures him that if he has the time, the dwarf will mend the armor himself before they leave, but even if he doesn't the few arrow holes present are minor patches at best and won't affect the armor's quality any once they're sewed shut.

Seeing the talk between the two sailors has reached a point significantly above what he would've expected, Glaffin reaches out to Alec to stop him in his haggling, "Three small barrels is plenty for one bow. If you need arrows, master Tallhelm has some on cheaply, and be sure to tell him that Glaffin said you'd dealt fairly with the caravan. Not sure if it'll get you anywhere, but it can't hurt your cause. A few of us can come down to the docks with the bow to pick up the barrels once it's all salted and packed, sound fair?" Three small barrels would still be a hefty load to carry up from the docks to where the caravan is situated, so he'd rather have a few spare hands present when they picked it up.

Afterwards

Seeing Alec's disappointment, the dwarf smiles and fishes the tin he was keeping the remaining cubes of hearthfire in from his pack, popping it open and removing one of them, "I doubt I'll need all five samples I suppose. Four silver, and you can have this one. There's a finicky type of lantern I can make for holding them if you'd like to use them on the road, since they're a bit hard to keep hold of when they're wet and slippery."