Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
You complain about the RNG, but the RNG isn't a problem when two hours I. Work get you 6-8 rares and some fun.

But you don't get 6-8 rares (3-4 PSPs). You could if you were able to get more efficiency out of your builds, but you don't like to play that way.
If you have build advice to give for something I play, feel free to give it. Though given I don't like promoting and re-leveling characters and don't have respec cards right now (I actually haven't gotten any since I used up that batch of three I had a long while ago, oddly), I can't guarantee I'll try it.

But no, I don't get that many packs that quickly, because I don't play on the higher difficulties. I could - I have played gold before successfully, and I don't mean just on Firebase White (though it has been a while at this point) - but I don't want to. I don't like gold as much. I find the additional difficulty at that point does not make the game more fun, just more frustrating, so I play on the difficulty I find more fun. That's what I meant when I told Psyren earlier that I'd have moved up to gold by now if I were willing to put up with the increased difficulty on a regular basis.

My complaint about the booster system would not go away no matter how quickly I got packs, however. I consider it fundamentally bad game design to force players to unlock things at complete random.

It's hard listening to complaints I am supposed to weather that are minuscule and woul probably go away entirely if you were willing to try playing outside your comfort zone.
They may seem miniscule to you, but that doesn't mean that they are to me. Which just means that you're better at this game than me - which is fine, but you can't expect me to just become as good at it as you.

London isn't hard, if you learn it. If you don't want to learn it, or any o the five coping strategies offered, that's fine. But it's frustrating. We are conditioned to provide solutions to problems that arise in conversation, because of you didn't want a solution why complain publicly? If you just want to vent its cool, but it's a disconnect. You know?
If the solutions were something I could do, that would be great and I would do it. That they're things that ask more of me than I'm willing to put into the game frustrates me, especially as it's the only map that I have problems with.

I'm certainly grateful that you offer your help in this respect, don't mistake me there. But I'm also not interested in trying to become so good at this game that I can solo a hacking wave on a map I have constant trouble with even with a team. If that's the type of thing I'd need to do, I'll just have to accept that I'll be hating London forever. There are other games in other genres where I enjoy the intricacies of the gameplay enough that I do find continually trying to become better at them fun and worthwhile in and of itself, but this isn't one of those for me.

I'm sorry I get so frustrated, but I see forums as a place for discourse. You seem to mostly use them as a blog; drop a satiny, run, and if we are lucky you'll skim the comments. That's alien to me. I realize it's an issue on my end, and I apologize, but it's a huge disconnect.
Aside: "satiny?"

I'm honestly not sure why you see me that way. I certainly discuss things when others respond to my posts, or when I have something to say in response to others, that much ought to be pretty clear. Sometimes for quite some time, as should be evident from the Mass Effect and Dragon Age threads alone. Sometimes I have topics I'd like to discuss more than I get respondents, such as the fighting game threads I've tried to start over time here. I don't post if I have nothing to say, but that's normal, no?

What else would you have me do? Because I'm honestly lost on this one, even in terms of where it comes from.

Zevox