1. - Top - End - #794
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Ponythread LV:55 Ponythread learns Agility!

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    While 'suiform' might be case of this, 'ruminants' are normal word for cattle. At least here
    I don't doubt that the words aren't real, official or not. Just before I knew about such nomenclature, I'd have thought you to be speaking voodoo.... then again, back then, I actually believed in voodoo, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Latin, me lad. I'm not sure if that's the derivation of "suiformes", but both "ruminant" and "equidae" are both straight from the Latin.

(See: English "ruminate" (to think about, chew over), English "equine" (of or relating to horses))
    I wonder why exactly we moved away from Latin, and yet have so many words in our current language built from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Hugs. Hugs are going on. Right now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pardon me, I don't hate everything. That would mean hating this thread, and you guys, and I most certainly don't hate any of you.

Spoiled for Angst. I've -really- wanted to vent, but if this isn't the place to do it, I'm sorry for assuming more than I should, and I'll take it somewhere else.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm just still irritated about the things going on in my life that I have no control over. I need to hold my issues with dying back so I can be able to offer a dry shoulder to cry on. The stupid car was used for 1000, then required 250 in break repairs, then another 300 from a car accident that resulted from the break repairmen screwing me over, then another 200 to fix them properly, and now this.

But the worst thing is what's going on with my friend. I tried asking on the Personal Advice thread, and I still don't know what to do. And it pisses me off royally. She wants to work things out, and would prefer no one get involved in business that isn't theirs. I know her situation, and want to respect her decisions.

At the same time, this jackass has been telling her all throughout the pregnancy that he wants her to have an abortion, and that he's not interested in being a dad, even though he's the father. And now that the baby's born, he flips the script between not wanting to take care of her and wanting to take her from the mom that actually does want her. The bastard's a drug abuser, gets mad when she even remotely spends any time with anyone else, even church friends ('s how I know her) spent time going in and out of prison, cuts himself worse than I do, breaks things around their home, and might even be threatening her and her daughter.

And I'm not supposed to do a damn thing about this? I could go to the police, to child services. I know where they live; I could be over there right now and do something about it! But because she's my friend, I'm supposed to just wait and let him potentially keep driving her life into the ground? I'm supposed to sit on my hands, powerless as a friend of mine's life goes into the toilet? It pisses me the hell off! I want to be ****ing furious about this all! Love and Tolerate everything may be the better route, but god damn it if it's not enough to make me want to tear out someone's throat!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Rhinos are the sh*t. Anyone who thinks otherwise is spewing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amen, bro. Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Note that during the rainboom itself, her wings do not move; she pulls a 90 degree, 11G turn, arcs back up and over Cloudsdale, carrying three ponies as dead weight, all without ever moving her wings. We only see her flap again once the rainbow's run out.
    I don't see why that requires Rainbows to be extra special to do... once you start telling the speed of sound and speed of light to go **** themselves, you can do whatever you want, including making gravity your bitch, without relying on anything but the rule of cool. G-forces and speed assisted by gravity alone keeping someone going, even through a turn like that, without extra propulsion? Seems genuinely legit to me.

... ****, I can't say seems legit without it sounding sarcastic now.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    best pony doctor pic anyone?

Spoiler
    Show

Not what I was expecting either
    Heh, that's funny because having a doctor like that normally would be horrifying. I'd sooner trust her than Franken Fran at least!
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-25 at 09:48 PM.