Quote Originally Posted by Gareth3 View Post
True. But I think the play-by-post format makes it more challenging to be an ST. The constant communication in a face-to-face game would make it easier to run - there's less opportunity for confusion and mistakes can be corrected faster. I suspect most of the play-by-post STs got their start on face-to-face games, although I can't know for sure.
For myself, as awful an ST as I am in either medium, I find that PbP is quite a bit easier than face to face. For one thing, it gives you the time to plot and plan, time which any ST worth their salt will use to weave schemes incapable of failing, drawing all Creation into their net!

You do need to understand that things move slowly. Expect a single scene to take weeks or, in extreme cases, months to resolve. Give as much agency to your players as you can. If possible, make use of chat software so you can communicate in realtime, even if actual play remains PbP.

Others can do better with general advice for running Exalted, or for running PbP, or for doing both together. Not much point in me telling you any of this, really. But that's my token contribution.