Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
Kate's Apartment

"Nah, like I said, it works my orange hair into the outfit. Thanks, Mintbalm."

Kate seems slightly awkward for some reason. It's nothing horrible, but just slightly awkward.

Maybe it's the fact that Mintbalm just changed into a short black dress which would be immensely overdressed even if this was some kind of romantic outing. You can tell it's not a romantic outing because Kate isn't abandoning ship faster than you can say "Antidisestablishmentarianism".

"Er... Mintbalm, that's a bit overdressed."

See? She's not even so awkward that her social skills are breaking down. That means that she's less awkward than most times she meets a stranger.
Kate's Apartment

"Huh?" Mintbalm looks down curiously, then shrugs, "I guess, but it was just easier to make the robes into this instead of splitting them up into pants and a shirt. Breaking things apart like that never goes right, and I'd have to hem them as well... Bleh, it's just a mess. It'd be less frustrating just to make new clothes, but making them at this size takes up a bunch of energy, and I don't want to be nodding off in the middle of the movie." See? Minty didn't want to make you uncomfortable Kate, she was just doing the quickest and easiest thing she could come up with so that they could go out.

"I could cheat and multiply some dust I guess, but I'd rather do that outside. Making so much pixie dust in an enclosed space can cause build up, and then all kinds of weirdness can happen."