The fisherman nodded his consent. "Three barrels it is, then, and we'll see you at the docks in a few hours. My boat's the Trident, tied up near the end." With the deal made, he left, leaving the merchants to end the day in peace. Or, almost.

The elf Glaffin had noted earlier was back, and walking towards their wagon. The crowds had thinned near to nothing, and it seemed he'd wanted to wait for whatever reason.

"Hello," he began, "my name is Iskandar. I noticed your friend's show earlier, with the burning cubes. I was wondering where you found them?"

Danvers' sword was no longer by the door, Alec saw. Instead, it was hanging from the Captain's belt. He'd likely put it on when he stepped out to check on the caravan, and hadn't removed it since then. He waved Alec to have a seat opposite his own at the simple wooden desk he evidently used to store his paperwork. "Shortbows, right? I saw those earlier. Not sure how well I'd be able to train this lot to use those, mostly we just keep a handful of crossbows on hand. Point and shoot is a lot easier to learn."

The captain smiled, and busied himself filling out the chits. They weren't tokens, as they might have been in a larger town, or a city; Danvers, rather, was using a strip of parchment. He'd started filling it out as soon as the pirate brought his news. "Still, might be able to give you something for them. Four, you said?"

Unlocking one of the desk drawyers, Danvers pulled out a metal seal and pressed it into a glob of wax, finishing off the chit and spinning it around to show Alec. It was marked as good for four (4) suits reinforced leather armour, by authority of James Danvers, Captain, King's Army. The seal he'd used carried the crest of the army, and marked it as an official document.