The Wagon

And now Alec perks up. He doesn't interrupt, though, but just listens in on the conversation. Maybe this'll save him some time. He doubts he'll ask any of his questions, though; best to poke around tomorrow when he can better justify it and when Glaffin isn't so close.

Spoiler
Show

Damn time-splices. =P Alec might not need to buy that cube after all, depending on how this scene goes.

The Jail

He's glad to see that the captain goes armed into town, particularly when outsiders are around. Some might call it paranoid, but this man is charged with Seabreak's defenses; if he'd left his weapon back in his office, Alec might've decided to make his eventual lesson much harsher. On the downside, this means he could be in more danger tomorrow night than he'd expected. But that's just life.

"Very nice." He accepts the chits and looks them over, admiring the seal. Naturally, he'll be studying that, and the handwriting, later on in private. For the moment he soon sets them aside. "And the bows? I'll admit, I'm not the best haggler in the caravan, but if you promise not to be too fierce about it, I'll do my best on the behalf of the others." He grins friendlily.