View Single Post

Thread: Sell me on Rogues

1. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Sell me on Rogues

I would ask youd DM if he would allow the Carmendine Monk (champions of valor 28) of the Kung fu genius (Dragon #319 or Dragon compendium) feats to work for a swordsage. If so i would go for something along the lines of:
    Human Swashbuckler 4 / Rogue 3 / Swordsage 3 (I prefer this over Rogue 4 / Swashbuckler 3 for the Fort save boost)

1: Swashbuckler => Kung fu genius, Two weapon fighting (human), Weapon finesse (Bonus)
    2: Rogue
    3: Swashbuckler => Daring outlaw
    4: Rogue
    5: Swordsage => Be sure to select a shadow hand stance
    6: Rogue => Shadow blade - Grab the penetrating strike ACF from dungeonscape
    7: Swashbuckler
    8: Swordsage => Grab the "assassin's stance" stance from shadow hand.
    9: Swordsage => Improved two weapon fighting
    10: Swashbuckler (Or rogue)

Highlights:
    BAB +7, Base saves +6/+7/+5, 70+(int*13) skill points, 10+3d10+3d8+3d6+(con*10) HPs
    4d6+2d6 sneak attack (2d6+1d6 against sneak-attack immune targets you flank)
    Dex to hit and damage (replaces strenght, not halved for offhand attacks)
    Int to damage (precision)
    Int to AC in light or no armor
    Evasion

Assuming 32 PB i would go:
    Str 8
    Dex 16+2 (levels)
    Con 14
    Int 16
    Wis 10
    Cha 12

With +1, martial disipline (shadow hand) daggers, a +4 Dex item and a +2 Int one your full attack routine against a flanked target would look like: +17/+17/+12/+12 for 1d4+10+6d6. Not bad at all.

From there i would progress with the 4th swordsage level, then either with Swashbuckler for more SA, Swordsage for better manouvers, or a mix of both. Grav the Craven feat at level 12 (or earlier if you are allowed flaws)
    Last edited by docnessuno; 2012-10-26 at 08:14 PM.