View Single Post

Thread: Something Wicked this way Comes...

1. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

Tallkar

Taalkar didn't feel the cold air as he looked out over the Ancients Way and the army camped in the distance. The heat of impending battle surged through his veins like molten gold warming from fingers to toes. A piece of the conversation behind him caught his attention, though.

Just find us a nice section of wall to defend

Like molten steel plunged into an icy stream, his euphoria ended.

Brother, he turned in a moment of almost panic. I'm hoping you didn't mean that we sit and wait. There's a lot of them, he points his thumb over his shoulder, and a few hundred of us, he stabs a finger from his other hand into the table.

These stones feel as solid as if I fit them myself but have you seen all the heads out there, again he gestures over the wall, I'm no good with numbers, but I bet its a lot.

He rubs his bare chin for a moment seemingly deep in thought. He knew that his brother wouldn't always listen unless he at least appeared to think it through.

Back home if we found a nice den of nasty critters we would send a few in to kick the nest and then lead them back to be slaughtered. Maybe we could do that here? They certainly don't seem organized or disciplined enough to resist it.

He was surprised it sounded so good when he said it. He had made up almost all of it, just hoping not to get stuck behind a wall to wait.
    Last edited by Barthac; 2012-10-26 at 10:28 PM.
    Something Wicked This Way Comes

Taalkar Strongstone Sheet Notes