Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
Hm... I didn't miss as many posts relevant to my thinking as I thought I would have.

Spoiled for Angst.
Spoiler
Show

I know, I know... I hate it so ****ing much... I'm just trying to vent out my own inner hatred. Is it wrong that I wish I was still ignorant as I was when I was a child? At least then, I wouldn't struggle with knowing how weak and useless I really am when I could actually be doing something but still can't because of feelings. I wouldn't be guilty of idly standing by while such an evil that I know of and that I could physically stop goes unabated because of the stupidest of reasons...

And for the record:
Spoiler
Show
Yes, I do think the child might be at risk. The mom only just recently got lucky enough to get a job in this economy, and is still trying to go to College, so she is still dependent on any and every source of income possible. And relying on someone -who has punched holes in the walls of your house out of jealousy- for income, amoung enough faults to make me seem like a balanced person, does not seem remotely not legit.

I guess this isn't the place to really talk about it, especially if it's better I not actually do anything about it, but it just tears me up, both what's going on and that I -could- be doing something about it but I'm not. I'm 21, and I'm still practically a child, hardly capable of fending for myself, let alone anyone else in the world I might care for. What kind of man, husband, father might I be if I can't do anything now for a friend?
I didn't wade into this one before, but two principles to keep in mind, and they're related.
1. Do what you think is right. If you don't and things don't turn out well, you'll always know that you could have done something different.
2. Do no harm. Whatever you choose, do not make people worse off than they were before you got involved.

That's my two bits on the issue.

.... um ..... might you be accepting new recruits? I don't particularly mind dying.... and it might be fun....
Nope, too late. The game is over, I finished it, Blastech saved the planet. It's detailed in a lengthy but spoiled writeup a page back, along with a Derpy emote.

I grabbed him by his throat, lifted him out of his shoes, and threatened him not to breathe a word, or that I'd snap his neck.
Hopefully you're exaggerating, not a big fan of physical intimidation myself.

but knew the episode and scene in question my first attempt! I made room in my head for memorisation of the show!
It's hardly intentional. Ponies are very distinct and it's pretty easy to remember them. Consider remembering the faces of 10 regular people who all have the same color hair and eyes and compare that to how different everypony looks in My Little Pony and it shouldn't be surprising that it's in your head.

And lastly, just for the sake of the gamer in me, anyone want to share theories on characters for Fighting is Magic with me?

Pllllllllleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssse?
I've converted to AJ being overpowered. In a game about combos based off landing just one or two hits through someone's guard, having a character specifically designed to have more hp than everypony else just seems inherently broken to me. I'm worried that they'll either nerf her into the ground or she'll still end up as the best character no matter what they do.

Twilight and Rarity, I think, are not being used to their full potential. I think a 1/10th second shave off the animations on their projectiles could do a lot for both characters by allowing them to zone more safely. Even as they are now, I'd like to see much more fireballing/gem firing. There's legitimately no reason why a Twilight or Rarity player should ever be jumping in recklessly as they're the two characters that can really force the opponent to come to them.

Pinkie I don't get at all. I think she's just bad at the moment because her randomness isn't actually good enough to get anypony that knows the game. If it were possible to speed up her teleports so that she went from random but bad to random but overwhelms the opponent's reaction time, then she could be amazing.

Rainbow actually seems great to me.