Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
As I said, I've seen this with other units too, and with powers that don't have a travel time, but rather just hit instantly, like overload. Just today I had my Salarian Engineer's Energy Drain mysteriously fail to affect a Geth Drone (from a Prime), which I was trying to use it on to replenish my shields. That was a very unpleasant surprise, to say the least. Also later in that match had the same thing happen when using it on a Geth Prime.
I never mentioned travel time at all. Overload, energy drain, dark channel an reave are the powers I've experienced it with, on hunters, bombers, marauders, Dragoons and sometimes a mobile nemesis. The overload burst or the wavy reave cloud appears behind them close enough to outline them, like they are standing in front of a fire. I chalke it up to poor aiming on my end, as I'm going for headshots (198 more!) with the talon, and when holding the aiming button the highlighted targeting reticle gets finicky, dropping off temporarily due to a millimeter discrepancy.

Hm, weird. I know I've found trying to get electric bursts off my Turian Sentinel or Engineers extremely inconsistent, but I was chalking that up to the electric residue not lasting long enough for warp/incinerate to always get there in time to detonate it. Other bursts I haven't found inconsistent at all, though. Well, except for the whole "do Cryo bursts work on armored/shielded enemies" thing, which I at first assumed they didn't since my Quarian Engineer couldn't seem to get them to happen, but now I've seen some of my Adepts detonate them on enemies like Dragoons and Geth Primes that have been chilled by a Cryo Blast or Cryo Ammo.

Still, biotic and fire bursts I haven't found inconsistent, at least so far.

Zevox
My "professional" (ha!) opinion is that cryoblast sucks. Cryoblast > incinerate doesn't always do ice explosions, incinerate > cryoblast pretty much never does fire explosions. I assume it is because cryoblast itself does not inflict damage. Using snap freeze, this problem went away entirely, and using incendiary ammo > incinerate generates firebursts consistently, using cryo Ammo > cryoblast does not generate ice bursts consistently. I have nothing but surmise for this however, as due to some issues with connection I rarely host games. I cannot isolate enough variables to check out anything.