Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
You only get a Cryo-Burst when the enemy is frozen, they can't just be chilled. So, in other words, you can only get a cryo explosion on an enemy that has health and no barriers/shields and only once they've completely frozen (ie they're falling over).

Once you have that in mind, cryo explosions drop in usefulness since...well...just look at what you need to do to tripper a cryo explosion with cryo blast!
Nah, it does go off on chilled targets. It's just weird on when it happens. Ice bursts off of bomber drones is my specialty, although ice and fire on primes is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
Hm, in that case, wouldn't it be best to take 6/6/6/6/0? Or is that too much of a risk?
Yeah, 6/6/6/6/0 is best, but that's with gun enhancement and stuff. I figured you preferred caster play, and would occasionally be hit pretty hard during power cooldown. Once you get used to cloaking and dodging. Once your shield is gone, no amount of fitness will let you survive more than one bullet. And the damage boost on the heavy melee is pretty sweet.

Hm, okay. I'd likely take damage at 5, since I go for minimum cooldown time with my guns anyway, making recharge a bit redundant. You're sure about invasive scan over armor damage at 6 though? That 75% damage boost looks awfully big, given how much damage the power does even with just the rank 5 damage boost.
Well, 75% more against armored opponents hit by the mine, versus 25% more to every target within twelve meters is easy for me; especially since if you stop a single regular proxy mine on the leading edge of the scan area means once it's hit every enemy in there get hit by 45% more damage from all sources. The recon mine explosion costs you recon, generally kills enemies anyway, an the heavies take more damage from allies with a boost than the 75% on its own.

Really though, I think the loss of the radius killed it more than the loss of invasive scan. I plan on trying it out soon.

Really? Even though the power itself gets several boosts to that, and it's up against a general power damage boost?
I use the volus almost specifically as a support class. Medic, debuff, recon, field support. Both the volus and the Krogan have a huge enough amount of shields to require a lot of bonus shields. Also, consider the importance of healing; 3 seconds of regenerating shields which is also increased. That Extra 30% means you can stand in a pyros fire without dying. It makes the extra duration possible for consideration.

Eeyup. Warp's Expose does 15%, Cryo Blast with both Cryo Explosion at rank 5 and Frozen Vulnerability at rank 6 is 25%.
nnnno, I am pretty sure that the sum total of warp is 25%. I am however tired and having a nightcap, so I'll come back to this.

Not unless the power description is wrong - both upgrades specifically say "frozen and chilled targets." And I'd swear I've seen it do just that when I hit big, armored enemies that my allies are shooting at with it.
Yeah. Chilled is inconsistent, but it does occasionally happen.

I certainly noticed the difference with Incinerate before the burst change - when I promoted my Engineer class to respec my Demolisher's arc grenades, I played a game with my Quarian Engineer while leveling up during which she had Incinerate at rank 5, just shy of having the upgrade that doubles its damage versus frozen/chilled enemies. I was trying to make cryo bursts out of mooks as I usually did, and found it much harder, because I couldn't simply cryo blast -> fire a little -> incinerate for a quick kill, since incinerate wasn't doing nearly as much as when I had her with that upgrade.
I will take your word for it. The damage from the explosions exceeds the bonus. So it's good.