View Single Post

Thread: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

1. - Top - End - #1118
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

Im kinda coming back for a post or two to support Jangfet:

Thing is, Dog wearing sunglasses is funny for a while, but as you get used to it, it becomes its own sense of logic. And I don't know many people who would laugh at a graphic death like that. Its like the argument: "Rape aint funny? Well how about with looney toons?".

And the framing is not cartoony. Its not presented as itchy and scratchy. Its presented as "Man this is baddass".

edit:

Like if I have a scene with a man with his underpants over pants, fighting an army of the bird people from Flash gordon it doesn't automatically make it funny.

What I just described to you was Superman Fighting Thanagarians. Its ridiculous (thats not the same thing as bad. All fantasy is ridiculous in ways). But its not funny.

If its a comedy, then don't add Genocide, graphic deaths, and the occasional "TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY" flash. You can't have it both ways. You cant have the epic choir and expect us to take it seriosly, and then have the characters stop displaying any emotion except "Dull Suprise amusement" once its over.

Either be serious, and allow for the characters to give some weight to the topics (You can stil have some humor. Humor is the more funny if it has a backdrop of seriousness)

Or be completely goofy and take out the out of place stuff and frame it better.
    Last edited by Scowling Dragon; 2012-10-28 at 07:09 AM.