The work is fairly easy going. The cavern is soon transformed into a working base, complete with a semi-autonomous defense system. Sam had, with the aid of the Fae and the Djinn, carved out living quarters and a workshop in good order. The small pond at the center of the space had been covered with fortified glass. Finally, Elspeth had used mana in order to summon wisp-spirits to keep the entire base coated in a soft white light. It had been some time since she had gotten the chance to work undisturbed like this.
I realize that we have been fortifying our position, but should we not be actually investigating the course of events on Earth?
Soon, Professor. This place is a failsafe, somewhere to retreat to should all else fail. Honestly, I think we needed the space.
Progress on the suit is nearly complete as well. I've got the hydraulics functioning, but I'm still need to graft the outer plates to the exo-skeleton.
Boba and I have been working on that. We've configured a similar mithril-beskar alloy for the outer plates, but we've increased the density of the latter. It should correspond in a far more effective plate, durability speaking, even though it will sacrifice some of my magical power.
Ah, that reminds me. Victor, we're going to need some sort of HUD if we want to build a helmet with a visor.
Yes, I assumed as much. Unfortunately, I will need to be wired up to the Net in order to configure one. Until then, we will need to go without a helmet.
Going au naturel sounds safer to me. I like having access to peripheral vision.
I bet you do.
Sam hovers in the middle of the space, looking down over what will be her new suit of armor, and maybe her coffin. It was strange that none of the other Personae had tried to contact her in such a long time. Xavier was right. Once the armor was finished, it was time to take the fight to the surface.