View Single Post

Thread: The Island (IC)

1. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Island (IC)

Hargrave finally muttered a curse to himself as the last blows struck, breaking his concentration and sending his blows wide. He'd thought that sparring daily to keep up his skills would have been enough to keep him fit and ready when it came time to defend himself, but he'd clearly lost his killer instinct. Or maybe he'd never really had one to begin with. His superiors back in his army days certainly thought he'd been sorely lacking in one. In any case, in the unlikely event that he survived this mad melee, and then survived the fact that the ship was apparently dashed on the rocks and sinking fast, it looks like he was officially out of retirement. Fighting the emperor's men got you noticed and hunted, even in far off places like Denku. He could hope that no one who survived here would remember his face, or that when reports came back they wouldn't think to look at the list of who bought passage on the ship they were pursuing, but it would be a fool's hope.

All he could do now is survive, and to do that he had to hit something.

Bellowing out a wordless challenge in the form of a cry of rage and frustration, Hargrave swings his sword around at neck level to the man who'd been so doggedly avoiding his attacks.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hargrave is using his Fighting Challenge ability against the man in D7, because I'm out of ideas as to how to score a hit. He'll shield block against whoever is still standing after Dierna's attack, probably D6

Attack, Damage, and Will saves +1 for 6 turns against D7. 1 out of 2 uses of Knight's Challenge expended.

Attack: (1d20+7)[16] +2BAB, +3Str, +1Masterwork, +1Fighting Challenge
    Damage: (1d8+4)[11] +3Str, +1 Fighting Challenge
    AC 15 (16 against one opponent, possibly D6)
    HP: 13

Edit: Meant C7 in both those cases for the Shield Block
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-10-28 at 10:16 AM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.