Question: I finished my classic ironman playthrough, and of course that save now takes me to the last turn of the last mission. As I had mind-controlled an elite muton, this makes it impossible for me to even kill off the team. Is there any way for me to access my list of soldiers and the memorial so that I can see the names and titles of everyone that died in the playthrough?

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post

I noticed almost everyone here seem to play on Classic?
I did a normal playthrough, then classic ironman several attempts and currently have impossible going. I think normal to classic is a huge jump and that it's much better to start on normal if you don't know the game and don't like constant save-scumming.

Quote Originally Posted by Impnemo View Post
If theres one thing I want from an update or mod, its a static ui/hotkey position for ubiquitous skills like overwatch and hunker.
If you're on PC, you can double click the overwatch button to make your squaddies do it automatically. It's much faster than clicking and then having the confirmation box pop up and clicking okay.

Quote Originally Posted by tensai_oni View Post
Tell that to dozens of people at ufopaedia.org who petition for/write mods to make the original game harder.

And they're actually kinda right. Once you know all the tricks (I'm not even talking about exploits and bug abuse), optimal research paths? The difficulty goes out of the window. Even on Superhuman.
Quote Originally Posted by Surrealistik View Post
The original game is an absolute joke once you get (and abuse) mind control and blaster launchers.

This is true even of TFTD.
The original did reward some weird things. Training reaction on your soldiers, for example, was kinda ridiculous (I think the best way was to park a firing squad outside a UFO and wait something like 20 turns for the aliens to start to wander out).

The thing about both old and new X-com is that they have a collapsing difficulty. You can still lose troops, but once you have psionics in heavy armor, the game becomes really easy.