When Hal finds the daemon's handiwork he takes a few deep breaths before asking Buddy to have them meet him in the hallway. He asks for Ezra's presence too.

"I take it you were hungry then? You haven't had much to play with in a while huh? What I'm trying to say is, I'm not angry, I'm disappointed. Hexor, Vexor, you knew that since the Asmodeans are here you could leave the Horn without violating your command to never leave it unguarded. You also knew that those prisoners had a purpose. Ezra and I were working on procuring him a body, but without those prisoners we can make no progress."

"What I'm really asking is why? Why those prisoners when there is a tribe full of boggards in the caves below? Like I said, I'm not mad. I probably wouldn't have stopped you if you'd told me you were going to kill them. Aren't we supposed to be working together here? We all want the same thing."

Spoiler
Show
Hal genuinely wants to understand why the brothers don't trust him. He's interested in seeing if they seem to have gotten their kicks from subverting Hal's wishes, or if it was just simple bloodlust. He is hoping Ezra will back him up in some way, but if the wraith is overly complacent he'll take that to mean Ezra may have been involved, and that the claw wounds were inflicted to cover up energy drain.

Also, I acknowledge that confronting a pair of rather powerful daemons isn't the wisest move, but Hal's had a rather emotional day what with discovering his childhood friend is still alive and such so isn't as controlled as usual. From his point of view, the daemons did something not in their best interests and were probably put up to it by Ezra. He'll probably have a minor breakdown if Ezra, who he was starting to think of as a role model, is actually betraying him.