Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
"Winter" approaches the table, with snowflakes fluttering around her. "Pardon me, Sir, but do you have the ability to commune with those 'beyond the veil'?"
HN - Fortune Teller

The teller nods, drawing a slow, rasping breath in preparation to speak while he reaches over to the bones with a frail hand, "We do, but speaking with those in the land of the living comes at a cost to the dead that few would pay. Much better to wander further into the mists and seek your lost one there than to tear them from where they belong."

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
HN-Simple Pleasures

"I don't see any one at a time rule... oh, you mean whether to walk in side-by-side?"

Kate's not quite sure she gets what Mintbalm is saying, but isn't too worried about it. "I don't think that it'll make much difference." Kate'll either walk alongside Mintbalm or right before her, whichever Mintbalm chooses. Well, if Mintbalm wants to go first, Kate will follow right behind her.
Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
[Halloween Night]

For the lack of anything better to do, Sophie walks through one of the doors that just appeared.
Simple Pleasures

Sophie wanders in through the door while Kate and Mintbalm are discussing it, and Mintbalm peers after the Hunter before shrugging, "I was thinking side by side. Let's go now anyway, before I chicken out." Mintbalm heads in, presumably followed by Kate.

On the other side, the door they entered is entirely gone, and all three of them appear to be in the middle of a leaf-blown street after dark, lined with similar houses that all have decorations out on their lawns. The wind blows coldly through their costumes which should alert them to a rather distressing change.

Namely, all three of them seem to have regressed in age to anywhere from eight to twelve, and their costumes have changed accordingly. Although Sophie is still a vampire, her false fangs are clumsily glued in place over a set of braces, and Mintbalm is dressed simply as a Spider, with the legs sticking out of a bulbous body that sits on her torso instead of dragging behind her. Kate's costume was changed to that of a china doll in a pale pink foofy dress.

In their hands rest three hollow plastic pumpkin baskets, and around their wrists are lit glowstick armbands. There's an entire street leading up hill for them and only them, and it's the end of the night, when everyone just wants to dump the rest of their candy and go to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
Halloween Night

Ah, of course. He grins back. It's a pleasure to meet you, Decker.
Halloween Night

"It's a pleasure to have you here, apocakitty. Can we share this dance?" As she speaks a hollow tapping begins as some of the skeletons hanging from the walls in chains begin beating their arms against their ribs rhythmically, and gradually a low, haunting howl chimes in. It's almost music, if it weren't for the lack of any real theme tying it together.

Not-Decker blushes, looking at her feet, "I mean, since we are here arm in arm, I figured it was appropriate to ask, right?" She stammers uncertainly, nervous all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post

She begins to wander through the crowd in search of anyone she knows.
Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
[Halloween Night]
Carrie glances around behind her goggles, wondering if she knows anyone here but her extremely PIIIIIIIINK friend.
Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post

The vampire is positively giddy with excitement. She liked parties and costumes, so a costume party was right up her alley. She wore a huge grin on her face as she took in all the other costumes, trying to guess them all. And see if she knew anybody. That was important, too.
Halloween Night

Hey look, it's that one person that Amil/Carrie/Vampire Lady knows standing over there in the middle of the room! What an odd and extremely not expected coincidence! Why, if you'd just walk over there to where she can see them better, I'm sure that they would notice you and say hello and not fade away like a mysterious haunting mist, only for you to realize that said acquaintance died of mysterious circumstances years ago. Because that would be a terrible thing for a friend you haven't seen in years to do.

Hey look, they've looked over here and waved, possibly in your direction! Or maybe it's at that person standing behind you and off to your left. Still, now's your chance!