Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
Though for a more family friendly one I think seeing Phoe's little FlutterDash trilogy would be awesome. As narrated by Phoe of course.
Yep, I'd pay for this. Phoe has a great future in narration, she just doesn't know it yet. Next Morgan Freeman, imo.

Though let's say Hasbro actually did make an episode based off of your fanfiction.

Would you sue them?

Personally I wouldn't. I would ask for recognition in the writing but I wouldn't care about the money since I didn't expect any money in the first place. If they refused to recognize me, well that would upset me and I'd point out my original work all over the internet, but I still wouldn't sue them.
Really? That's very nice of you to donate them a couple million dollars for stealing your work. I mean, if they asked permission first, you might give it to them just to see your work made, sure. But if they actually did it without asking, I'd sue them.

So many spoilers in there.
General comments
Spoiler
Show
That's a lot of stuff going on. Aside from getting the whole season 3 background story (including CelestiaxLuna double rainbow blast!) we also get that Celestia is planning something for Twilight (and Luna is in on it but maybe disagrees with it) and that apparently the Crystal Empire has some kind of general influence that can reach the rest of Equestria. Also that Celestia can put on one heck of a light show when she feels like it.

My take on Luna is concerned that Celestia is pushing Twilight too hard. I think she probably agreed with Twilight's "what if I fail?" question and gave Twilight that stern look because she wanted Twilight to be nervous despite Celestia's reassurance. The fact that she thought she herself should go and Celestia nixed it also indicates that she has doubts about the capability of Shining+Cadence+Twilight to handle this situation.

Given my playing so much X-com, I'm going to make a comparison here. In X-com, sometimes you send out a rookie and leave back your most experienced colonel because you're training up that new unit and you think the mission is easy enough that you won't need the high-ranking soldier. I think that's what Celestia is doing here, giving Twilight a chance to get experience so that she'll progress towards whatever master plan Celestia has for her.

Response specifically to Deadly
Spoiler
Show
I don't think Celestia's plan is clear from this video, but I'm curious why you have such a negative reaction to the idea of Twilight becoming a princess. Forget the presence or absence of wings for a second, just assume that Celestia and Luna will pass away eventually and are grooming a successor. Is that a problem for you? Is it Twilight specifically that's the issue? I don't find the idea of Twilight being groomed for rule an issue myself, so I'd like to understand why it bothers you.

Response to Pendulous
Spoiler
Show
So, the elements. There are several possibilities here to make the story interesting. One, Sombra has been rainbow-blasted once already. Could be he's prepared for it a second time. Given the traditional associations of shadow being somewhat ephemeral, I would suggest one possibility is that actually pinning him down in a location to target him with the elements could be a challenge. Preparing the proper situation to use the god Macguffin is a pretty good story.

Of course, the more obvious line to take here is that Celestia's instruction that Twilight needs to do this by herself indicates both that this isn't an elements of harmony level threat and that Twilight shouldn't even consider bringing the elements because using them would cause her to fail the test.