View Single Post

Thread: (Twi) Twilight XI: School Days

1. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: (Twi) Twilight XI: School Days

Beast, Smedry
    Strip Poker. Like many things the librarians do, it seems like a joke. Like all the things they do, it is in fact deadly serious. That was a formal duel, and Jack had won. In theory, there was nothing to stop you from resuming the fight where you left off. But the consequences could very well be dire.
    Jack Frost, picking his teeth with the small knife he's anxious to use on you, flicks a small, unidentifiable morsel from a molar, then stares at you. "Oh, he'll go easy on you. Drag you into the city and hand you over to Valentine, so that the sorcerer will be distracted and he can fool around with Valentine's wife behind his back." Frost sounds bored about the whole thing. You quickly did, when Jack Horner was your boss. "And Valentine will hand you over to Bookburner. Personally, I'd just kill you now and toss you in the lake, but Jack likes to make a big deal out of things."
    Then he stands up. "But, long as you're here, I think I'll tell you a bedtime story. Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Bastille, who had a very important job. This little girl protected the most important man in the Three Kingdoms, and she was very good at it. It was a dangerous job for such a little girl, indeed she almost sacrificed herself protecting this important man's nephew from the librarians no less then three times. But she survived, and when the very important man had to do a job in a school in America, well this little girl named Bastille didn't trust a few things. So she decided to do a little searching, and got very close to discovering a secret that's older then the written word. Can you guess what happened to the little girl? Her job got even more dangerous, and she met a man named J. Ripper, who taught her that some secrets are better left forgotten. It was a short lesson, but it stayed with her for the rest of her life." Frost said, his tone is flat and dead, his face carefully blank. He's trying to provoke you, so he can use that little knife on you without breaking his bosses word. You know this. It doesn't make it easier to deal with.
    Behind him, mister Ketch stirs, and pulls up his hood, then fumbles around for his axe. Then he stands, and walks over behind Frost, still and silent. He doesn't try to provoke you, or intimidate you, or anything at all. He just watches, silent and still as a statue.
    "Well, that killed some time. Would you like me to tell you another story? Once upon a time, there was a little boy named…"
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-10-30 at 05:57 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.