Mirielle's Apartment

Quote Originally Posted by candycorn View Post
Alaister tilts his head to the side, quizzically, pondering a bit about Kelemvor, and his clergy... When he speaks, it's idly curious... "And what if the law cannot be enforced, due to the whims of noble corruption?"

Mirielle frowns. "I'm not a naïf, Alalaister; I did say 'when the law cannot act.'" She taps her chin and continues. "Though if that is in deed the case, I believe I may have to work to challenge the corrupt nobles protecting them. I may not agree with Ilmater's priests on many things, but their intolerance of Loviatar's followers and their opposition to Thay's wizards is entirely salubrious. Gods know I hope that's not the case, though. I do not need another project that promises political retribution."

Quote Originally Posted by candycorn View Post
Alaister frowns for a second, after, contemplating the question he had received.... "There are any number of ways to discredit her."
"So, more pavement pounding, then. Hooray," Mirielle deadpans. The day's events have not produced a good mood. "If you want to work on that research, I'll do what I can to help, and I'll see if I can't find Jorran to help as well. I still need to be at the library, but for this, I can probably spend afternoons away from the bookshelves."

"Oh, speaking of pavement pounding," Mirielle adds, "I may have stumbled on something worrying about Cybrarvain. It seems he has been watching me." She relates her chance meeting with Vandroy and the arrival of the letter at their lunch and hands him the letter to examine. "I didn't tell anyone where I was going, which I think suggests that either our incendiary elf or one of his agents was close enough to hear us in the street, he's using Vandroy as a pawn, or Vandroy is Cybrarvain. The last is intriguing, but were I stalking me I wouldn't hesitate to implicate a known fire-using mage to escape suspicion. Besides, he used alchemist's fire at the archive, not magic."