Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
Southern gate
He swings his shield... And is pierced.
The sword just goes throught the metal, however Tyrol's swing was able to deviate the sword to a side before the attacker turned to face Dawnstrider.
(I'm just going to be generous here and say it was Tyrol's spare shield. Because he has a magic shield for a reason.)
Tyrol's eyes widened in surprise as the sword cut through his shield like hot knife through butter. He barely managed to duck the sharp blade in time.

Sword Locks! The attacker's blackish aura around becomes thicker, pretty mad over the paladin's calmness, it seemed he felt it like not deeming him a threat. The paladin could have a hard time finding weak points on an armor below the attacker's cloak.
"I don't need to introduce to irritating guardians of impertinence and weakness like you!" he's got sooooooo mad, his aura became full black, he leaps on top of Dawnstrider, breaks the lock and pounds on his helmet with the sword's hilt, he may feel the pounds to be somehow harder than they should be.
When both Tyrol and Lemongrass attack with their spears... Their weapons' tip are sliced with a sword swing, and the coming back swing would come towards the shields, possibly hitting hard enough to fling them back.
"You're. All. GOING. TO PAY!!" He does seem to think himself superior or something, also maybe rage-distracted.

The unicorn is no less mad though, Luka clearly annoyed her with his defensiveness, her aura becomes also solidly black, doesn't attack for a while, and when Silent's spear come close she just slices them from the tip to the bottom of their shafts, then she charges at the colt and starts a vicious, enrage storm spam attack!
"Why don't you just bucking die!! Just stop being so annoying and die!diediediediediediediedie!!!! She starts pounding on the colt, who blocks her... And becomes mad too after smashing her sword away, landing somewhat just besides Lemongrass
...Then starts pounding with his sword and shield
"NO! In fact, I could even get immortal just to annoy you!! STOP. ANNOYING. MY. FRIENDS!!"
He finishes with a sword slash that somehow got stuck between the armor's plates, he notices it as an advantage, so he just lifts his sword, lifting the unicorn as well, then hammers her into the ground; it doesn't seem like he does much damage, but maybe the others could use it for their advantage too.
The unicorn lands close to Silent, a bit stunned after being used as a hammer.
"OW my head!" he exclaims after the possible "rage aftermath headpounding"

Blades' disc hits "Ruby Stones"... No sell, it bounces off along a metallic *TINK*, however, before it returns, the attacker catches it with his sword and throws it back.... Just that this time is full of magic, with a blackish aura and gets sent back to hit the original thrower.
Flare's boulder would have to wait, the unicorn's still close to allies, and "Ruby Stone" 's above Dawnstrider

Violet's just still laying down, still groaning and moving slightly, just that she opens her eyes a bit.
"Let's dance," Lemongrass said, closing in on the distracted opponent.

He looks pretty frightened, when he sees Flameshield calling him he slowly walks at him, looking above to a cloud as if looking out for something, then just running and glomping the guard, he seems pretty shocked, beyond that shock just about to start crying.
Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
[The Gate]

Surprisingly, the disk crumbled to dust under the effects of the magic. Blades was not amused.

"That's cheatin'!" She drew out several long, sharp spikes instead, which she flung while approaching. Hopefully, they would be able to pierce the magic.

Meanwhile, in response to the area not clearing up, Flare simply lowered the boulder more slowly to pin the pony under its weight.
Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
Unfortunately, Dawnstrider isn't currently wearing his helmet. Fortunately, a decade of nonstop weapon mastery tends to make that sort of thing irrelevant. In the middle of the leap, he rolls forward, probably sustaining an opportunist's clip to his armor. He retrieves his sword and spins to gain momentum, slashing directly at...huh. That's odd. It didn't connect? What-

The cloak becomes looser than before, owing to the severing of either rope or clasp connecting it to the dark warrior. And now, psychological warfare.

"If I were a defender of impertinence and weakness, I would be fighting on your side, foal." He says clearly, calmly, positioning himself so that to face him at melee range, his target would have to get closer to a certain boulder.

"Okay..this should help...but you need to get to an actual facility." Arvadraa looks desperately at Idle, putting a hoof into a nearby shadow. "I need you to keep pressure on the wound, call for help, and hold out. I'm sorry I can't do more, but this battle needs to end."

She spins towards the fight in a flash, the shadow from earlier fully absorbed into a new full-body skin. She tosses a shadow disc into the air. "It needs to end now."

Blades' job might be substantially easier after a brief moment when her ranged weapons start passing through what looks like a black hole in midair. Every disc or spike that passes through turns black, infused with shadow magic, like back in the caverns.

One might have to wonder if the armor of the assaulters is designed to protect against what, to them, could qualify as 'friendly' magic.
Lemongrass was more than happy to test that theory. He feints left, then jabbed to the right, aiming for the weaker joint armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Vampony Blitherings

Miss M looked at Silverpine and then Sandy with a stoic expression. and said nothing.

Gearstride looked at Silverpine. "Let's hope he's alright....let us be happy he's not....letting his feelings from before, get in the way."

To Daniel she smirked. "What the Lieutenant said." Wink, wink.

Zephyr hovered to Staccata after moving the vampony bodies off to the side. "What is that word again...trolling right?...Hahah....it would be a kinda funny moment."
"Well, I guess we shouldn't be worried then," Silverpine gave Miss M an odd look, but then turned his attention elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
Sandy just flashed a smile right back.

Once the vamponies were all out of the way, he got to work on his other idea; gathering up a bit of stone dust and grit (which, really, was awfully close to sand) he started fashioning the food skewers into thick, makeshift stakes. The thin spears all lined up to a point, the gaps filled in with hardened sand. Two were crafted to bring his stake count back up to a solid five. Hopefully, it would be enough for the final battle.

Once he was done, he'd position himself close to the front of the group, chat up anypony who talked with him in the meanwhile, but otherwise just waited for the order to move on.
Vampony Blitherings

"Oh bravo...bravo....I hope you're not tired or anything....I wouldn't want this too easy, and this is sarcasm...bitter bitter sarcasm so you know," A familiar voice, to one certain unicorn echoed in the room.

"Pains in the flank, ponies getting up in my business. What exactly is your motive aside from the cliche of wannabe do gooders?"
Silverpine tilted his head. "The saving the town bit is a pretty good motive, don't you think?"