Luran shook his head, silent for a long moment. Glancing around, he sighed. "You've shed blood with me ... I suppose you should hear it all. I said before that I've seen some things in my dreams. Recently, the dreams have returend, stronger ... realer. I ... I dreamed of the boy's village, of him in one of the houses. That's why he recognized me. And ... and last night, we were in the same dream again."

He took a deep breath, turning to the strange mound and pointing. "We were talking when some woman appeared from nowhere ... she opened that mound and went inside. We followed, but she did something ... something like what you both do," Luran nodded to Anyanna and Leilanna, "freezing us in place. We-we fought ... there was fire ... she ran but not before she, she ... killed Kannet."

Trembling, he had tears in his eyes; the enormity of what had happened was sinking in and Luran was having trouble dealing with it.

"I told him to go! I told him to wake up! But ... but he didn't. And now, he never will."