View Single Post

Thread: Careless Village WW

1. - Top - End - #607
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Careless Village WW

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Edit: Also, TBF I don't see how I have two wins?
    Personal win conditions are a thing, and yeah, basically I was saying that your logic about wanting to stay alive to grab another win gives the wrong impression to most of us win-less peons.

It's just that I'm pretty sick of getting lynched/killed because people ignore everything I say and go "those aren't reasons, those are......smeasons! lalalala not listening, have a couple insults and mocking and we're gonna lynch you anyway and even if we're wrong we will never admit we made the wrong choice or that our behavior was inappropriate.", instead of actually just countering my logic like happens for anyone else.
    You do the same exact thing every time you come up for lynch, which is protest that you don't want to die, declare those voting against you to have no logic (but don't address anything they bring up) and whine about how no one counters your logic.

This is not an especially good defense. In fact, if anyone else used it I'd be outright calling them wolves and stating things like "methinks thou doth protest too much." Interestingly, you do this as well.

With you it is a null read (hence why people ignore it).

Players who don't know you see a wolfish tactic employed. Players who do see a null read when they already had at least some small reason to lynch you (which is why the wagon started rolling). There is no reason to stop the wagon and divert it to someone else.

That is the key thing you are missing in your defenses. You aren't just defending yourself, you have to put up a better option, since we are going to lynch someone. This differs from most other life experiences, where delay or no choice can be useful options. In a wolf game, that would just hand the game to the wolves.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Planswalker, I have done something constructive and found another target based on logic and patterns. You suggested I do so if I wanted you to change your vote. Are you now going to or will you go back on your word?
    A better target, Ramsus. Also, you kind of needed to lead the day off with that, instead of waiting to be told what to do to avoid lynch (which is my reason for wanting to lynch you).

It is worth noting that these suggestions are for future games. My vote is not moving in this one, and I don't suggest others do so either.
    Last edited by TBFProgrammer; 2012-10-31 at 07:50 AM.
    The BareFoot Programmer