Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
Hint: The Gym Leader of the Evil-type Gym is the Big Bad.
Now that's just lazy writing.

Also, aren't the Elite 4 supposed to also be everything the Gym Leaders are? I fail to see how this whole "can be MULTIPLE Elite 4 members but never a Gym Leader" thing works.
Look at it this way: Gym Leaders are the high school coaches, mentoring new trainers directly, while the Elite 4 are the professional athletes that inspired the new trainers to become trainers in the first place. Both serve as role models, but mentor figures are held to a higher standard.

That's my interpretation of it, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post
If that's the case I am suprised that there hasn't been a 'light/good' type poke yet. Though the new ability "Justified" kinda implies that dark is indeed evil.
I always figured that Fighting was the good/noble to Dark's evil/underhanded. It fits well with Fighting being super-effective against and resistant to Dark.

The idea of "Light type" Pokemon is a pet peeve of mine. It doesn't really add anything to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dgnslyr View Post
Still, it's a shame there hasn't been a dark gym yet. Maybe everybody inside always tells lies, so you have to follow the exact opposite of their directions to get through the gym? Or some of the trainers lie, and others truth, but there's always a pattern to tell liars from truthers, and you need to apply it to see who is honest and who isn't. Then the leader apologizes for the trouble once he's beaten, and admits that his gym is his idea of joking around with people.
That actually sounds like a decent gym gimmick. It's certainly better than "Look at me, I'm a Gym Leader who uses Dark-types! Isn't that so cool and edgy!" Which is what most fan-made Dark Gyms seem to be.

The only fan-made Dark Gym Leader that I could take seriously was a crotchety old man with a gambling problem. It made sense in context (he ran the Game Corner), and it was a refreshing change of pace from all the cool young rebels.