Quote Originally Posted by icefractal View Post
I don't see what the fuss is about. I mean, yes, that's a high initiative. So what? Honestly, a +6 or whatever you'd get just from having Improved Initiative would often be high enough to go first anyway; all this does is make that more consistent. And while it might seem "high for first level", that's an illusion - initiative doesn't scale by level.

In actual experience, I'm currently in a game with a character that has +28 Initiative (IIRC). And it's not a significant factor in their power.

However, this does demonstrate an important lesson - many people get paranoid about seeing "too high" numbers. So if you want to be good at something, get several factors that combine into awesomeness rather than a single big bonus. The actual effect will be the same, but people won't see double digits and claim you're "rollplaying".
Fractal, the idea is that, a Wizard who wins initiative can win the combat in one round. A fighter cannot do the same.

But for here, the idea is that his Wizard will be doing buffing (a lah Haste, Heroism, etc), so it shouldn't be too painful.

The only reason I'm suggesting dropping the Initiative is because it bugs the DM.