Quote Originally Posted by endoperez View Post
Again, limited amounts of money. No one sets out to make a bad game, any more than a car company sets out to make a bad car. Motivation and management might make it a chore to work on it, and working on a PSP conversion of a license game might not have the people being very enthusiastic about it, but no company would ever set out to make a bad game.

I don't know why the developers here made what they made, and I don't know if Of Orcs and Men is a good game or not, but the art budget isn't really the most important thing in a game.

I mean, if this was a sequel, no one would complain if assets were reused. Why should only companies who already made one successful game - that is, successful enough to get a sequel - be allowed to cut costs?
Plus, you have to consider that as the production prices for AAA titles go up, independant competition will have to find ways to cut production price more and more.

If they have the choice between cutting cost on the models or cutting costs on the storyline, I think the choice should be easy to make.

Plus, Of Orcs and Men's music track is great. It's... unconventional (how often you hear trepid violins when a berserker Orc makes a rousing speach including the S-word and the F-word?)