Mine also fell smacked the concrete, something like a 1.5 meters fall... Screen's been cracked for about one year and one bit on its edge (thankfully a part outside the display are) has recently fallen off, but thankfully that's it. I believe I was lucky enough to have the phone falling on its corner; if the screen was facing the floor when it landed, the outcome would probably be far worse.

Mind that this is coming from someone who doesn't mind hacking the phone to the point where it's modified beyond all recognition (some would probably say FUBAR'ed), but my recommendation goes out to a Droid 4.

It will require some hacking, because it comes off the box with its GSM radio locked, but since it's bootloader has been unlocked, and you also have root, that's probably not going to be much of a hassle. As a plus, you get a Webtop enabled phone, which means that it's possible to hack it to enable a full Linux distro to run on the phone, through HDMI (if there's an HDMI hack available, or from one of the Motorola docks), and a slide-out QWERTY keyboard.

This whole package is also available on the Motorola Atrix (minus the keyboard), and on the Photon Q (minus Webtop, which is a big minus for me).

Personally, I'm biased towards Webtop-enabled phones for the whole light-netbook thing, but if a slide-out keyboard is a must for you, you could also try modifying a Bluetooth-Slide-out keyboard... It's basically a keyboard that attaches itself to the back of the phone, and while it requires bluetooth to use, will add that functionality to any phone. There's a few tutorials on how to unscrew the slideout keyboard from another phone and adapt to whichever one you might choose, and if you pick a popular offering, you could buy one that works out of the box.

Well, that's all the insight I can offer. Hope it helps.