yes pertaining to the mostpowerful of the guild type of things, no on killing the entire potential for drama. natsu did that. he had beef with the guild. he went all-out. natsu is currently not fighting in the tounament. -> drama back in, if FT doesn't win something might happen to Lucy. Plus I want to know how strong Gajeel has become.

All in all, I thought is was a neat chapter. concise, to the point and kept a good pacing. I'm curious how the other FT's are going to curbstomp.
You are sitting on the abused corpse of drama, and cant understand why people considder it dead?

Which is nonsense. Unless Mavis' calculations were simply wrong letting Gray fight Rufus was simply stupid.
I agree on this, Maevis more or less gambled the guilds chance of victory on a chance that was less than 50%, just because of Grey's woundet pride.

Because it's not real life? It's fiction? Magic doesn't work in real life either.
But most other rules of the real world, like gravity or convervation of momentium seems to apply, why shouldnt we expect the same of this one?

Results show otherwise.
Just because they got really lucky doesnt mean it was a smart thing to do.

Yes it does. Our max strength is a lot larger then what we can normally access and using that max strength is usually in response to emotion. Or even just being filled with rage which gives you more energy and allows you to ignore pain then the guy who doesn't care.
Just being in a fight will cover the adrenaline part, there is no reason to also lose your head in the process.

And i really think people in here have been reading to much manga, in the real world, when you lose your head you usualy lose the battle soon after.
It is not because i have that much practical experience on the matter, but i do have some, from both real life and amateur tournaments.

Her calculations were likely something like Grey has a 20% chance of beating Rufus. Therefore that fight isn't favorable.
And you dont think it was stupid of a person with the nickname "tactican" to gamble that much on a 20% chance?

Thank you. And yeah, the whole adrenaline stories are true as well, but the answer is simple as that: Something that doesn't work in real life is legit to work in fiction. This is an anime about mages who fight dragons and travel to different dimensions with women who have breasts who are obviously weightless.
And you complain about the power of friendship?
I mostly complain about it because i feel it has been abused to much, its one thing when its the thing that allows the hero to push his broken body into a final burst of action that desides the outcome, the best example i can find of this done right is proberly from OP, with Luffy's fight against Rob Lucci.

On the other hand, when its used to explain why the hero can walk up to 2 opponents who had him outclassed, and them stomp them into the ground, then it becomes retardet

There isn't any indication that Gray's chances where so low, at most we can assume they were less than 100%
From Maevis comment it seemed clear they were under 50%.