1. - Top - End - #133
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: The Culture explores 40K II: Now With 100% more Fanfiction

See, I don't think there is really evidence that the true AI controlled molecular forge version of STC's were at every colony that had 'A STC'. I think the molecular forges were at the wealthiest/most supported colonies, and some lower tech fabricators with non AI-based expert systems, maybe with a particular type of single purpose molecular forge, and there were some colonies that just got a database of designs. Well, every colony that got 'a STC' got at least a database of designs, from what I can tell. This would account for all the differing descriptions of what an STC is, and the varying capabilities of things described as STC's.

I think the Rogue Trader RPG does have it as an instakill, hold on... hmmm, not exactly!

I'm just going to quote the rules...

Spoiler
    Show

The Lidless Stare
    If a Navigator opens his warp eye fully, anyone gazing into its depths will witness the power and mind breaking unreality of the warp. In an instant, they witness the chaos boiling beneath the skin of existence and for many, it is the last thing they ever see.

Novice: The Navigator makes an Opposed Willpower Test with anyone looking into his Warp Eye. Make a single test for the Navigator and compare it to the results of each of his opponents. If the Navigator achieves more degrees of success, the opponent suffers 1d10+ the Navigator’s Willpower bonus in Energy damage. This damage is not reduced by armour or Toughness Bonus. Anyone taking damage from this power is also Stunned for 1 round as they are ripped with agony.

Using this power is taxing and inflicts a level of Fatigue on the Navigator. If the Navigator fails this Test by one degree of failure or more, he suffers two levels of Fatigue.

Adept: As above, however, the damage is increased to 2d10+ (the Navigator’s WP bonus) and the time the victims are Stunned increases to 1d5 rounds. Victims also suffer 1d5 Insanity Points.

Master: As above, with the additional effect that any creature possessing an Intelligence of 20+ suffering damage from this power must make an immediate Difficult (–10) Toughness Test or be slain. If they pass, they suffer 1d10 Insanity points rather than 1d5.

Avoiding a Navigator’s Gaze
    The Lidless Stare will affect anyone, friend or foe, that looks into the Navigator’s third eye when this power is activated.
    This has an effective range of 15m (reduced to 5m in fog or mist) and has no effect on unliving targets, Untouchables, and daemons or other entities from the Warp. Those forewarned can look away, though even then being within line of sight of a Navigator is dangerous. The power of his eye is persuasive,
    and looking away only grants them +30 on their rolls to resist its power. Those who are unaware of the Navigator’s presence gain this bonus as well.

Last edited by Gavinfoxx; 2012-11-02 at 04:48 PM.