1. - Top - End - #255
    Banned

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    The main problem with the whole "my emotions will let me beat someone stronger than me" is that it just doesn't work that way in real life, so why should it work in fiction?
    Except when it does.
    This happens all the time in sports. Weaker team beats stronger team just because they wanted it more.
    Brazilian Soccer Championship, 2009: Fluminense had lost to basically everyone. With 9 games left, there was a 99% probability Fluminense would fall to the 2nd division. The players got together and declared: "we will not lose anymore".
    Those last 9 games? They had to face, among others, the 4 top teams in the championship. They won. Those players, with nothing but will behind them, not only achieved something that only had 1% chance of happening, they actually altered the championship completely, because those points the top 4 teams lost allowed the number 5 team to become the champion!
    Fluminense kept the same game plan, the same coach and the same players. What changed was the player's attitude, and that was more than enough.
    Fluminense is known, since then, as the warrior team. With 5 games to go, they have a 98% chance of winning this year's Brasileirão.

Another example: Mexico winning the soccer gold medal with a team that's mostly nonprofessional, defeating Brazil in the finals, with a team that included players such as Hulk (one of the most expensive players in the world) and Neymar (considered unsellable by his team and considered by and large as good as Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo). Neymar's comments at the end of the game? "They wanted it more than us."
    Last edited by ThiagoMartell; 2012-11-02 at 07:10 PM.