1. - Top - End - #1308
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

Soo I tried my hand at the battle subway...

Raind Dance team;

Crobat with a neutral nature ev-trained for speed (Killed 36 Basculin with help before it hit level 50. I haven't ev trained it for attack yet)
    Poison Fang
    Raindance
    Air Slash
    Roost

I just realised that Poison Fang is superfluous considering it covers exactly the same type of pokes as Air Slash (fewer actually). Should I replace it with confuse ray and give it a kings rock? (Maximize my chance of flinching with air slash). I don't have the U-turn tm yet :(.

Vaporeon with hidden ability. (ev trained with 4 Basculin (8 points in speed), and gods know how many piloswines and clefairies for health)
    Ice Beam
    Rest
    Scald
    Toxic
    I am rather dissapointed with this guy, he cannot tank and scald doesn't do much damage. I think I will replace it with surf. Oh item is expert belt. Again I do not have enough points to get better items.

Jolteon ev trained for speed (currently at 176 speed at level 50. Killed a bunch of basculin, haven't ev trained him for Sp. Attack)
    Thunder
    Rain Dance
    Shadow Ball
    Thunder Wave.
    Item: citrus berry.
    A glass canon is a glass canon. He hits like a truck, but nearly always get 2HKOed.

And yes I noticed that the PC is an arse... so many pokemon with gastro acid, rock slide. Plenty of bulky plant pokemon too: foongus with double team, left overs and ingrain (that move that routes them down letting them heal every round) are annoyingly difficult to kill. Also is it me or does the PC have a better chance of landing status effects?
    Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2012-11-04 at 12:41 AM.
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show