Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
Or at least the EU that isn't Timothy Zahn novels, although sadly his are the ones that got Jossed the hardest by the prequels.

X-Wing could also still work if you completely rewrote all the dialog, and has the bonus of being largely about how the Rebellion went about securing governance of the Galaxy after the Emperor cacked it.
What I personally think will happen is that the EU would go through a Ultimate Marvel process.

Luke will still meet and marry Mara Jade only she'll be written differently Leia and Han will still have 3 kids Jaden,Jaina and Anakin but they might have different personalities, it might not be Jaden who turns sith but Jaina etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
My problem stems from the fact this could have been so easily dealt with but they went and ignored what information had been mentioned before just out of some kind of spiteful gesture to something that would have been a great successor to the original star wars movies (ie Thrawn).
I see this again what did the Thrawn series offer a play by play of the clone Wars which was chucked out?

You do have to accept that Lucas was at time still the author so he had the right to overwrite it.