Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
they're the least played and least spoken of for a reason:

people insist that they only have two stories: long, hard and unfun redemption, or full on destroy the world villainy. NO middle ground.

are either these stories that particularly fun or interesting? well since Abyssals aren't talked about or played much….nope!

the Abyssals story is simply not interesting. as they are, they are a non-Exalt. a non-Exalt that doesn't actually do anything Exalted-y. oh and, there hasn't been a single Abyssal specific update or book for ten years, aside from a few charms and storytelling chapter from the Ink Monkeys.
You know, I've never played Exalted, and probably never will unless someone else is willing to teach me how to play and ST a game for me, but the one thing that might make me consider trying to get into a game would be the opportunity to play an Abyssal who takes Option 3: figure out how to euthanize the Neverborn without taking out the rest of Creation with it. No desire for "redemption;" he doesn't care about anyone from his pre-Exaltation life enough to want to get rid of his immortality along with his Resonance. When/if he succeeds in his goal (I remember reading somewhere that an Abyssal would still have Resonance etc... if the Neverborn finally died for real, so I assume it's doable if only by ST fiat), he simply says goodbye to his companions and departs for the Underworld, possibly becoming King of the Dead, never troubling the living world again in either case.

...See, if I can come up with this and I'm not even a huge fan of the setting, I assume someone more versed in the metaphysics and history could come up with something more elaborate. It seems a shame to just dismiss the idea of vampire god-kings out of hand like that.