Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
Both have their uses. Summon Elemental has the advantages of reduced casting time and the ability to summon something more powerful than a first circle demon, but Demon of the First Circle provides a longer service time, and is never going to result in the intended demon saying, "Nah, I'll send one of my subordinates instead."

Why bother?

Again, why bother? The Yozis aren't a threat. [/FirstAgeHubris]

Well, let's assume that one Solar in ten knows Solar Circle Sorcery. That's probably overdoing it, but let's go with it for now. Let's say that half of them know Demon of the Third Circle, and one-third of them know The Time Is Now, to summon a Third Circle Demon without it being Calibration. That means that you have five Solars capable of summoning a Third Circle Demon each month, and ten who can summon one each year. Supposing they coordinated their efforts, and no one else thwarted them, and every attempt successfully bound the demon instead of messing up horribly, they'd lock up ninety demons each year.

Now, Malfeas supposedly has the most Third Circle Souls, numbering at twenty-three; let's say the average is fifteen. It would take about four years of effort to successfully bind away all the Third Circle Demons of all the Yozis. The Second Circles would take even longer, because while you could get other Exalts to summon the Second Circles, their numbers are far more vast.

And for what? Remember that many of the souls of the Yozis can co-locate, meaning that summoning will not inconvenience them in any significant way.

Giving Ligier free reign to build something is, umm, a pretty bad idea.
I disagree that it wouldn't be entirely inconvenient, presumably there comes a point where the demons run out of bodies. The Yozi have a fixed number of Joten so presumably their souls also have a fixed number of additional exstensions.

Though upon consideration, this is more or less what they did with Malfeas already. At the point you are throwing the higher circle souls into the Green Sun, things have just gotten recursive.