1. - Top - End - #344
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict (Of Havens and Empires) IC

Even if it were the Boiler Man's intention to not take issue with me, he has made me an issue as much as my empire. Don't be fooled. It is MY EMPIRE. I have fought, labored, and bled for centuries to build it. What right does this boiler man think he is to assume that they can just make all of my work meaningless? Such hubris will be his undoing. At my hands. I plan on living forever, but the Eclipse will not part until I die.

The most eminent of events to occur around the time frame is the beginning of the Empire of the Eternal Eclipse's expansion onto other worlds. However this was around 386. The message seemed more precise than to be off by four years. Precisely one hundred years ago the trouble was maintaining scattered territories on half a dozen worlds in a cost-effective manner. This was roughly 75 years before the Portal Chamber would be created, keep in mind.
    It's funny, really. It took the Empire 350 years to conquer Emanacal, and he's close to conquering numerous worlds over a hundred years later. However if annexing the Imperion pans out, this would be the Empire's second completely conquered world. Well...technically first, if one doesn't discount the so-called Arctic Confederacy on Emanacal, however they have always been a faithful ally.

Celestica knows the present year in Eclipsian time is 480 AD, or the Dawn of the Eclipse, the founding of the Empire. For all intents and purposes this keeps track of how long the High Lord has maintained rule.

I am led to believe that this is one of three possibilities. One, an unruly organization that is seriously underestimating me and seeks to intimidate me by going to such exorbitant lengths to send a message, and will probably try to extort me from my fear. Two, a nation of comparable or greater power that has bode its time and seeks to take away my gains, or three, some shadow power that also wishes to take my gains, and has bode its time and is now, very much, in a position to cause serious damage.

One thing that bothers me is that they sent a message by way of what appears to be a Hypt Dragon egg. I don't know what sort of message that sends, especially considering Hypt Dragons are indeginous to Emanacal. Though the possibility also exists they simply had that much adamantium lying around.

Celestica is also fully aware of Hypt Dragons. Omnicidal and nasty construct-dragons whose skeletal frames are constructed of Adamantium.

However one thing I can be certain of is clear: They have something to benefit from by informing me that they want to destroy my Empire. I am not sure how yet, or why. Perhaps it's simply hubris, but I am not so foolish to rely on others' foolishness.

I choose to not dwell on the past, but look into the future through the lens of the present. We know nothing about "the boiler man." How do we fix this? You bring up a good idea, we can look into the past. As one whom has experienced it first-hand, I know that history has a nasty habit of reflecting the future.

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge (History) check
    (1d20+50)[52]
    Knowledge (Nobility/Royalty) check, why not
    (1d20+50)[61]
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-11-07 at 09:08 PM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.