Ah, thanks for the clarification.

I remember not getting a lot of levels later in the game, though. But it's been years since I played it, so I can't really say much more about it and my memory might be a bit off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Silver View Post
Since this seems as good a place as any, I'm considering doing a Let's Play of the enhanced edition once it comes out (something which I'd wanted to do of the standard games for a while before it was announced, but that particular niche was looking a bit filled). With that in mind, assuming anyone would be interested in reading such a thing, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of things they'd like to see? (and if no one wants to see it, then just treat this as suggestions for a normal play-through).
Mainly, I'd like to see that happen and finish (in less than 5 years), so I'd suggest you stick to a reasonably concise format if you decide to do it.

Ideally, I'd like to include all three of the new NPCs in the party, alignment and/or reputation permitting, but that still leaves the rest of the party up for grabs. Imoen seems a likely inclusion but that's not set in stone (depending on how much I feel like bending the narrative a bit). The protagonist also has no set race or class idea yet, so again pretty much anything goes, although the fact that the new NPCs consist of a Monk, Wild Mage and Blackguard may shift the focus away from a standard warrior or mage a bit (and Kensai Duel-Classes need not apply).
Well, since the new guys and Imoen don't cover priest spells, I'll say that Druids are fun in BG1 since they gain spell levels so fast. Druids with the raised XP caps should be even more fun (Fire Elementals!). Couple that with a possible 21 Wisdom and optionally a few levels of Berserker or even just plain Fighter and you'd have a pretty good character.

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
Well, I replayed that game 22 times. The dungeon gets boring after the 4th time. Tops.
I've only finished the game I think 4 or 5 times, but I've completely lost count of how often I've been through that first dungeon. And I still like it.

(Candlekeep, on the other hand, not so much.)