Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
At last count, I have dealt with at least 11 different mental health professionals. 6 caused varying sorts of increased problems; at least 3 of those still have long-lasting effects on me. 1 actually did something useful. At what point do I get to decide it's not worth it without being blamed for "not taking care of myself"?!!?
What did these people do when you presented the increased problems to them? And what about the others, I presume they neither helped nor hurt. Would they all refused to do anything else for you when you went back to them? I'll grant its possible that all the mental health professionals in the area are just bad, but I have to imagine that is unlikely. I'd have to imagine there are other people who go to your school who might have similar type issues. Are there any message boards or the like where you could ask how they might deal with it (in terms of which doctors to use). I was thinking a message board since its generally anonymous and people will be more likely to talk about mental health there, rather then in a more public setting where they might be stigmatized because of it.